Two young filmmakers meet their screen idol William Shatner and find that he isn't quite the bold sharship captain he portrayed in the series.
A 2-disk DVD will be released on March 7th 2006. M80 put out a press release about it...
"I'm One Of The Top Ten Imaginary Friends Kids Have"---William Shatner
IDT Entertainment's Anchor Bay Entertainment
Invites You To Live Long And Party With
The Five-Year Mission
Extended Edition DVD
Starring William Shatner and Eric McCormack. Available as a loaded 2-disc set March 7th.
TROY, MI - Can two Trekkies ever break the boundaries of their childhood obsession? On March 7th, Anchor Bay Entertainment, an IDT Entertainment Company, will release Free Enterprise - The Five Year Mission Extended Edition DVD, a witty exploration into the trials and "tribble"-ulations of two science fiction film fans living in Hollywood, the ultimate city on the edge of forever. A best picture winner at the AFI and Newport Beach Film Festivals, the critically acclaimed theatrical hit Free Enterprise dry docks as a two-disc set with over six hours of newly-produced never-before-seen bonus features, for the suggested retail price of $19.98. Pre-book date is February 7th.
Directed by Robert Meyer Burnett and written by Burnett and Mark Altman (House of the Dead 2), Free Enterprise is the hilarious voyage of two life-long "Star Trek" fans, Robert (Rafer Weigel) and Mark (Eric McCormack), who meet their idol, William Shatner, aka "Captain Kirk," and discover he's nothing like his fictional counterpart. With their illusions shattered, the two friends must face their fears about the future in this contemporary comedy that combines the romantic L.A. milieu of "Swingers," with the "hip-pop" culture sophistication of "Clerks." The film also stars cult faves Patrick Van Horn (Swingers), Deborah Van Valkenburgh (The Warriors), Phil LaMarr (Pulp Fiction, "Mad TV") and Ellie Cornell (Halloween 4, All Souls Day).
Free Enterprise - The Five Year Mission Extended Edition DVD comes loaded with enough value-added supplements to expand even the most final frontier:
New Extended Special Edition of the theatrical cut with all-new never-before-seen footage and CGI special effects along with a new widescreen anamorphic transfer and 5.1 audio mix available for the first time on DVD.
- All-New Audio Commentary with Writer/Producer Mark A. Altman and Writer/Director Robert Meyer Burnett
- Audio Commentary actors William Shatner, Eric McCormack and Rafer Weigel available for the first time.
- Where No Fan Has Gone Before: Making Free Enterprise. An expanded version of the original behind-the-scenes documentary featuring all new on-set interviews and never-before-seen deleted scenes from the film"s production.
- TV Spot
- Deleted Scenes. Over an hour of newly discovered deleted scenes including bonus easter eggs.
- Music Video "No Tears for Caesar" featuring William Shatner and The Rated R along with behind-the-scenes footage of the making of the song.
- Cafe Fantastique. A television pilot presentation starring the real people who inspired the film Free Enterprise.
- DVD-ROM of Original Scripts for the film.
Full of sly warp-speed references to "Star Trek" and Star Wars, plus such sci-fi classics as War Of The Worlds, Planet of the Apes (the original, of course!), and Logan"s Run, Free Enterprise - The Five Year Mission Extended Edition is a must-have DVD for any fan of the genre or for anyone who has ever built their life around a favourite movie or TV show. As DVDVerdict.com declares, "Free Enterprise is the ultimate good-natured homage-slash-parody of Star Trek wonderfully silly romp". So "engage" your DVD player and prepare to boldly go for a great time - on board the Free Enterprise!